I found Tay "reading" alone when she was 15 mths.
Taylor and I are book worms. Wes treated us to Barnes & Noble this week to pick out some new reads, and Taylor shouted "BOOKS!" when she walked into the children's section. She is a total nerd like her mother. I try to read about 2 books every month, and Taylor reads about 10 books a day. Books are more interesting to her than toys, and I'm SO happy about that. She has some of them memorized, and just loves to sit on a lap and hear a story. I can't wait for the day when we can dive into the "Harry Potter" series.
Taylor and I are book worms. Wes treated us to Barnes & Noble this week to pick out some new reads, and Taylor shouted "BOOKS!" when she walked into the children's section. She is a total nerd like her mother. I try to read about 2 books every month, and Taylor reads about 10 books a day. Books are more interesting to her than toys, and I'm SO happy about that. She has some of them memorized, and just loves to sit on a lap and hear a story. I can't wait for the day when we can dive into the "Harry Potter" series.
Recently I've read the following books, (FYI, they're not rated G. Just a warning.)
"The Other Boleyn Girl"- SO good. I love history, and especially anything involving royalty, etc. It was fantastic. If you know anyting about Henry the 8th, you already know how it ends, but it's still a great book. I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it was a stinker.
"Jemima J"- This one was circulated around at work, and it was alright. A bit dirtier than one would guess from the summary on the back. I found myself blushing a bit. Not my favorite. It's an ugly duckling story, that just isn't that realistic.
"Eat, Pray, Love"- My aunt turned me on to this one, and it was fantastic. I just loved it, and couldn't put it down. This woman travels the world, basically, trying to figure out her life. It's funny and thoughtful. Two thumbs way up.
"Goodnight Nobody"- This is a mystery/chick book. It was alright, if you ask me. It was relateable in some aspects, as the narrator is a mom who often finds herself overwhelmed. I judge books a lot by their ending, and this one left me saying, "That's it?"
4 comments:
That's awesome she's already reading/memorizing books. Kyle has one or two books he knows the end word of each sentence, usually because they rhyme. That's cool. You've got one cool chick.
So you're saying that at sometime in my future I will be able to sit down and read a book again?
-Elizabeth
Have you seen the movie "The Boylen Girl"? Is it anything like the book. I love seeing movies and reading the book to see if my images of things match the directors.
I really could not get into "Eat, Pray,Love" I think it was written well but 3/4 of the way I got bored reading about "her" life. So I put it down. Maybe it is just ADD talking. LOL
I do hate it when the ending is not what you want it to be. Right now I am reading "Running with Scissors" So far I like it.
I am so happy that Tay is a reader, you are lucky.
I LOVE Eat Pray Love!! It is one of my favorite books. In a weird way it actually helped me to accept the fact that my mom isn't a mom. Thanks for the warning about the happenings. Chad and I went to go see it and I forgot the credit card, so we got in a little fight instead. But it sounds like the little fight was better then sitting in the movie for two hours.
Post a Comment