Greetings from sleepless-ville! Population: Me and Wes.
Well we are all home and doing fine. Corinne Marie Pollard was born on Jan. 12th at 12:20p, via c-section. She weighed 8lbs, 6 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long, and absolutely gorgeous. My last labor/csection experience was a nightmare. This time, it was as smooth and painless as it could have possibly been. We're with a new insurance so we were able to deliver at Henry Mayo Hospital where the staff was fantastic!!!! I absolutely loved my nurses, and found it hard to leave them. They took such great care of the both of us, and my Doc was also on the ball. He brought his A-Game like he promised.=) So far, Corinne is a very sweet tempered baby. She doesn't do much but sleep, and really isn't even that bad at night. She is also quite the pooper, which makes me SOOO happy since I don't have to worry about the constipation that poor Tay suffered from.


Taylor is a great big sister. All of my fears were for nothing. She makes it known very politely when she needs attention by asking me, "You wanna put the baby down." And I almost always say yes, if possible. She doesn't seem to feel very left out at all, and is proud to be our big helper when it comes to fetching diapers and such. She's too busy being 2 to really care too much about having a sister at this point. We're so very blessed to have two beautiful, healthy little girls. Corinne changes every day, and Taylor is speaking in....monologues, basically. She can carry on a conversation like nobody's business. She can count to 14, and LOVES to make her dollies talk and interact. Even though 2 is definitely a "button-pushing age", she's still so much fun to be with, (except for at 3 in the morning when she wants to crawl in our already crammed bed.) My mom and I took her for her first hair cut today, and she surprised us both by not crying at all.
The old saying, "It takes a village," is right on. I don't know how we'd be getting through these first few days and the past few years without family and friends. We have family who wall paper nurseries, feed us, entertain and care for our kids, give us a break when we need it, and go above and beyond the call of duty. We love and appreciate them so much and couldn't possibly pay them back for all they do for us. There are friends from our church who have brought over meals and taken time from their own families to help out ours. And I'm personally blessed with a husband who has cooked, cleaned, and made it a point to take me out on a date today without being prompted at all. It's funny because my Doc made a point of warning me about the "baby blues" after delivery, like they do to all moms, but since I've been home I've felt nothing but an overwhelming sense of gratitude for everything I have.
11 comments:
Congrats Nikki and Wes. She is beautiful! I have a neice named Corrine Marie! How beautiful. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!
CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful, just like her mommy. It sounds like you are adjusting well. I hope you are able to enjoy this time, amid all of the grogginess. Call me if you need anything!
when I was pregnate with Evan, I was nervous that our family dynamic would be all jacked up. But when he came, it was like he was always supose to be here. Like he was a missing part of our family that we didn't even know wasn't there untill he filled it. I am happy to hear to that is kind of how it is with you guys. I love tayor politly telling you to put the baby down. so cute. You are lucky to have so many people around you to love and support you. You know that I would be there everyday untill you kicked me out if I lived there (maybe on the next baby hehehe). I love you guys. I am all the way in Utah, but if need someone to talk to, I can do that much :)
AHH! CUTENESS! Congrats! And when Jason saw the pictures of Corrine he signed BABY and pointed at her. Love it.
-Elizabeth
I am a friend of Tom Zimmerman's mom, Clare Zimmerman.(went to school with her)
32 years ago, I named my second daughter Corinne Marie! It's rare to hear that name, and she loves being the only one she knows with it! Congratulations, and have fun with your little Corinne!
I'm so excited for you and glad to hear that things are running smoothly. I'm glad your doc brought his A game too because I know how much you were not impressed for the monthly visits (at least that long wait). I'm glad the transition with the two has been easy too. That's comforting to know. I hope it continues to go well and let me know if you need anything. She's beautiful.
Oh, she is just too perfect & pink & lovely! You are all lovely! So glad it was a better experience this time. (Is that what makes us have more kids?) Give me a hollar if you need me to entertain Tay so you can get a mommy-break!
I am so happy that the adjustment is going smoothly, minus the lack of sleep. She is too cute, she looks like a doll in one of the pictures.
She IS beautiful! It'll be so fun to have girls so close in age. Can't wait until they can play together.
Nikki, she's beautiful! I'm so glad things went so well this time round with the c-section and everything. And that's so great that Tay is loving Corrine so much. They are going to grow up such good friends!
Wow, that is a newborn? She looks so cute! Congrats.
Post a Comment