
Taylor just turned 20 months a couple of days ago. I always think it's funny to refer to her age in months. After all, you don't do that as an adult. I'd be like, a 1,000 months old, or something. But I'm so happy that she is on her way to being potty trained. For 3 days straight this week she has peed in the potty! We sat in the bathroom on Wednesday and read books, until she stood up and started splashing her hands around in her pee. Gross, I know. Once I washed her hands and got over how disgusting that was, we did the potty dance and sang the "Pee Pee in the Pot-TY" song, over and over again. She's done it about 8 times total, and I'm trying to be consistent with it. It would be FANTASTIC to have her out of diapers by the time she's 2. Hopefully her enthusiasm for the potty will continue. I owe it all to the "Elmo's Potty Time" DVD. She loves it.
My mother and father in-law celebrated their 34th anniversary today! We all went out to dinner yesterday to celebrate. 34 years together is a great accomplishment! Other than that, we hit up a birthday party yesterday and church today. I know Sunday is known as the day of rest, but in our house it's referred to as the day of stress. Wes teaches the 15 year olds, I'm chorister in Primary, and Taylor has secured her place as "The Crying Child" in nursery. So we all have big time responsibility. On Sunday morning in the Pollard home you'll find Wes hurrying to finish up his lesson, me, cutting and pasting something onto poster board for Singing Time, and Taylor following us both around until it's time to do her hair, at which time she books it until I have to wrestle her to the ground in a half nelson to put her hair in pig tails. Church is by far the longest 3 hours of the week, but we always come home feeling glad that we went to all the trouble.
In other Pollard related news,.....we're expecting. January 12th is the scheduled c-section. I'm already 11 weeks along, and apparently my uterus already knows what's up the second time around,because I already look like I'm pregnant. There was just no hiding it any longer, so we told our family the news this weekend. Taylor is currently in denial. When I tell her there's a baby in Mommy's belly she just says, "No baby." Ya. This outta be fun. But we're very excited, and feel very blessed to have had it happen so quickly. Apparently we could just hang our coats next to each other and get pregnant. I feel much more prepared this time around. We know what to expect out of a baby now. If it cries, you really don't have to spring to your feet and pick it up right away. It won't explode. It'll either keep crying, or fall asleep. And this time when someone offers to help us with Tay or the baby, we won't feel guilty kicking one or both of them out of the house for a couple of hours. We'll do it with a smile on our face and a song in our hearts.
So far, I feel great. No morning sickness, a little bit of fatigue, and I've still been going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. So far so good. Hopefully (knock on wood) it'll be as smooth of a pregnancy as it was with Tay.
9 comments:
COngrats on the potty but mostly on the BABY! Wonderful news!
Well that is just awesome news all around, I am jealous that Taylor is interested in the potty, diapers are expensive.
Here is to a H & H 9, almost 10 months. Lucky girl.
Wow! SO many great things! Congrats on the new baby. I'm so excited for you guys!
And that is so awesome about Tay's potty success. Mase did great for almost a week and then decided it was too much of a burden for him. We are still totally in diapers and even bribing isn't working. Maybe I need to get the elmo potty video, so some singing and dancing, and then have some success!
I like how you mention your pregnancy as an after thought, even though potty training is very important too.
I am so excited for you guys, for all the news you had today.
Hey! This is so great! I'm so excited for you! Glad to hear you're not sick.
P.S. I thought it would be nice, but Potty training doesn't mean no diapers.... we still do 2 a day. Grr.
hip, hip, hooray! congrats on the new baby... and the potty progress!
Congratulations! Hopefully she will be out of diapers before the next one arrives! It makes life so much easier that way!
Funny you should be pregos because I was totally JUST thinking that you were probably pregnant and BAMB i read your blog and its true. AWESOME. Congratulations!!
-elizabeth
Congrats on your new addition! Sorry I've been out of the blog loop lately with my lack of computer. I can't wait to catch up on all of your happenings!
Post a Comment