
On Sunday, I spent the day like any other good Christian woman would...At the race track screaming, "Go Peanut Butter Boy! Move! Move!" It was a beautiful day for watching the horse races, enjoying Mother's Day with my family and celebrating my Grandpa's 80th birthday. My aunt reserved a few tables up in the clubhouse, and we spent the day eating, talking, laughing, and throwing our money away on bets that didn't pan out for most of us. Our failure to strike it rich at the track might have had something to do with the highly scientific, but all too ineffective way we placed our bets. Mainly, we bet on a horse if we liked his name. For example, my aunt bet on horses named after dead relatives hoping their spirits would be flattered and they'd throw us a bone from the after life. No such luck. I bet on horses with catchy names like Dangerous Curves, because after all, that's what I have. LOL Taylor placed bets based on whatever number her finger landed on. (Yes, I let me 3 year old bet at a horse race. Don't judge me.) Even though we didn't walk away winners monetarily speaking, we all left with some great memories. More than anything, it was lovely as always being with my Grandpa. Wes made the comment on the way home that the best part of the day was sitting and chatting with him. We love him so much and are so glad we got to celebrate with him this weekend.
Pondering his next bet.
Thanks for the $20, Dad. I'm too cheap to bet my own money.
Corinne thought it was a big dog.





We went down on the track during the 6th race and watched from close up. We we're even on the jumbo tron. Superstars!

Too much diet coke makes me loopy.
3 comments:
Fun day!
Looks like a fun Mother's day!
Cute pictures with gpa! And the mud pics, pricess! I miss you girlfriend. I know you've moved but you've dropped off of the face of the earth! love ya.
Post a Comment