Wednesday, July 20, 2011

There are no bears in Big Bear

The girls were terrified when I told them we were going somewhere called Big Bear for three days. Being the loving mother that I am, I didn't bother clarifying. Call it, a little pay back for them being complete butts this week. Yes, we moved. Yes, it's "the age." I get it. But SERIOUSLY!!!!! If I have to break up one more fight or hear Taylor cry over a splinter one more time, I may go mad. We have spent an awful lot of time together lately, and it's starting to show.

But Big Bear was wonderful. My friend, Tanya, was celebrating her 40th birthday and we were lucky enough to tag along. We stayed in a lovely house, right on the lake, with two other families. Seven kids under the age of 5 in one house (gasp). The kids loved it though. There was the occassional melt down, but all in all they had a great time. We rode in the kayak a bunch (LOVED it!), went on a wave runner, "fished," and just hung out. I had never been to Big Bear and I fell in love with it. It's just beautiful!

Wes opted to stay home and finish up the move. I came home to a spotless house, full refrigerator, and organized garage. I love this man.


Corinne, LOVED fishing. She sat there for a good 15 minutes, which is about 10 minutes longer than I expected.

Setting off on the kayak





Tanya and Alex









The birthday girl


















Tay, Nick and me on the wave runner








Our view at sunset from the house





Taylor went out on the wave runner twice and wanted to go "FASTER!!!"

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Looks fab! I am a bit fed up with my princesses as well!

RachelAA said...

What an AMAZING trip and beautiful pictures of you all. Oh, and the sunset!

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a gorgeous sunset and looks like such a fun trip.