Mother's Day this year was the best yet. I felt pampered and loved, and actually appreciated (gasp). I spent Saturday at Ivy Day Spa, where Wes sent me for a mani/pedi and facial. It took a good four hours but I was in no rush. Wes took the kids to the mall and to Dig It, and they had a great time. We visited Nana and Grandma on Sunday, and the girls enjoyed spending time with their cousin, Logan. It's always fun to see the cousins causing havoc and laughing hysterically together.Below are some pictures that the girls drew for me. They would draw all day if I let them. Corinne draws about 15 pictures everyday, and I'm so thankful for scanners so I can scan them and toss 'em. But what I love the most about them, is that they really give me a glimpse into their little minds. I'm always concerned about them. Even when there's nothing to really be concerned about. I just want to KNOW that they're happy and getting what they need to grow into the awesome people I know they are. So when they draw pictures of our family, and our dog, and rainbows, and of silly stories with farting dogs, I feel relieved. They may whine, complain, and fight some days, but they're really happy little girls. And that's all I want for them.

"When you're happy, I'm happy." =) Her correct usage of you're, rather than your, made my heart skip a beat.

Not ganna lie. This made me a bit weepy.


Logan and the girls played dress-up and despite Logan's sad face, he had a blast.


Funny story about "dress-like-a-cheerleader-day." They sent a paper home saying it was on Thursday, but it didn't have a date. So I drove across town to borrow a costume from a friend, and dolled her up the next day. Sadly, nobody else was dressed as a cheerleader because dress-like-a-cheerleader-day was actually last week, when she was home sick. Good times. At least it wasn't "send-your-kid-to-school-dressed-like-a-clown-day." She might have felt more embarrassed about that.

My toes received some much needed love.

One of my ten "Movars Day" cards. It says, "My heart is happy yours is too."

Me (the giant), Taylor, Daddy (drawn small because he's lost 40 lbs, and the girls call him "Little Daddy"), and Rinny

A chalk drawing by Taylor that she did at school. She had to draw a portrait of someone in her class. She chose Jackson. But I'm sure that was obvious.

My toes received some much needed love.

One of my ten "Movars Day" cards. It says, "My heart is happy yours is too."

Me (the giant), Taylor, Daddy (drawn small because he's lost 40 lbs, and the girls call him "Little Daddy"), and Rinny

A chalk drawing by Taylor that she did at school. She had to draw a portrait of someone in her class. She chose Jackson. But I'm sure that was obvious.









1 comment:
Very happy little girls - they are blessed!! And I totally thought that was a picture of Jackson taken straight from my wall gallery; too cute Tay :) I'm glad you had such a good Mother's day because you deserve it!
Post a Comment