
Here's a quick update on the familia:
Tay: Is now in a big girl bed. Hoorah! And thankfully the kid actually loves it. Hallelujah. I have to admit that I'm going through withdrawals though. I rocked her to sleep almost every night for 21 months and now she says, "No rock, Mommy. Bed." So that's the end of that. I really didn't think she had it in her to be so independent, but she's been surprising me lately. I put her in bed awake, and she prefers it that way. She won't even let me sit and stare at her like I've tried to do. She also melted my heart the other day by finally telling me that she loves me. It was unprompted at 6:30 in the morning, about a centimeter away from my face and followed by a kiss. It just made my day. She's also been saying, "I love Daddy," and "I love Blues Clues." And boy does she ever love "Blues Clues." We've limited it to 2 episodes a day but she's addicted and can't get enough. We've been keeping her away from the TV with many a trip to the pool and planting seeds in our backyard. She's been spoiled rotten with Chuck E. Cheese trips and a visit to Underwood Farm this past week.
Wes: Wes is tired and beat up at the end of the day. His hands are swollen from the jack hammer, and he's been cursed with a lot of overtime lately when he'd much rather come home at the end of the day. It's not easy being Daddy, and we really appreciate how he provides for our family.
Nikki: I'm tired, and I've been eating my fair share of Funyuns lately. But mainly I'm just really tired. It's the second trimester so I'm waiting for that burst of energy to kick in. So far, nothing. I did the obligatory wait to get my hair dyed so as not to taint the fetus with hair color, or whatever lame reason the doctors say to wait, and I'm getting it cut and colored Saturday. Goodbye roots! The summer session at work is winding down, and I'm feeling kind of guilty. The professor I loathe, Professor Butthole as you may recall, may have some sort of fatal disease. He announced it last week in class. I don't care for him much, but I didn't wish any harm on the poor guy. I have to watch my karma. Life's too short to have so many negative thoughts.
Primary is kicking my butt. I've been preparing lessons like mad, and trying to get the kids ready for our music program in September. I just don't think they'll be ready and I'm stressing. I've never put so much into a church calling before. I work every day on lesson plans, and on putting together games to help them learn the gospel AND memorize songs. It's grueling. Wes thinks I go overboard, and I think he may be right. I have totally earned whatever blessings I get from this calling.=)
Other than that, it's Grandpa Bruce and Aunt Ashley's birthday this weekend! Happy Birthday to them!

7 comments:
Wow.. a big girl bed. Kyle loves the big boy bed but now he decides he can get up at whatever time he wants in the morning.. oiw! It's amazing how fast they are growing up and how independent they are.
Thanks again for the stat counter.. I love it.
Ella did the same thing when she changed into a bed. Broke my heart
They do grow up fast, don't they. Most days too fast.
When I switched both boys into big boy beds, I made sure to have a cup of water in the fridge and the TV set to cartoons, it allowed me to get a few more minutes of shut eye. They loved it.
Taylor is getting so big. She looks like a future cheerleader in the second picture
I'd say not being sick for the first trimester of pregnancy is a blessing worth having! From your pictures, it looks like you guys are having such fun.
Love the family update. Tay sounds so much like Mason. I think they would have been good friends if they were closer together. Maybe they can date when they get older! :)
You are my faithful blogging buddy!! You always leave a comment. I love it. I can't believe that Tay is big enough for a big girl bed. That is what we get for living so far away.
Hey Nikki....How fun it was to see that the Nikki I've heard about on some common friends blogs was you! I'm so happy that all is going well for you and Congratulations on your baby! I'd love to keep in better touch with you...I've often wondered how your move went and how things were going for you. Great blog! Kim M. P.S. We have someone from Australia and Spain checking our blog...we have no idea who they are!
Post a Comment