Friday, July 11, 2008

Hungry and Tired

Today was my 13 week check up and everything's fine. It took the doctor about a minute to find the heart beat but it felt like ten. As he moved the little stick around on my belly, I was holding my breath and almost in tears. I was nervous because I haven't had any typical pregnancy symptoms other than exhaustion, but I attribute that to Taylor. No morning sickness. No nausea. Nothing. But he found the heartbeat and said that all was well. Phew. It was such a relief. Kind of strange but I've lost 3 pounds. Again, he said it's nothing. Especially since I lost 6 pounds the first trimester with Tay. It just gave me an excuse to pig out today with my dad at Stone Fire which was fine by me. I think I may have gained those three pounds back in one meal. We find out the sex the first week of September, and I'm so excited! It'll either be a little more testosterone in the house, or more estrogen than Wes will be able to handle. Either way, we'll be happy. I'm trying not to worry as much this time around. I did freak out a little after eating a tuna sandwich and having the Doc tell me today that tuna's on the forbidden list. I doubt one sandwich will do any harm, but heck, it seems like everything's forbidden these days. With Tay's pregnancy I was constantly on the Internet, freaking myself out about all the things that could possibly go wrong. How lunch meat can make your baby have two heads, and how standing near a microwave when pregnant causes the fetus to have seizures. I worried myself sick. Luckily, I don't have the time to worry about all that stuff this time.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

So glad all is well!

Sara said...

Tuna's on the forbidden list? Ooops, guess I missed that memo with Mason and Katie.

Glad things are going well. I always had an anxiety attack before hearing the heartbeat or having my ultrasounds.

Ashley said...

It always took my doctor a long time to find Chloe's heart beat. I completely understand.

I hated the forbidden list. The soft cheeses is what I missed the most. That and my cosmopolitan ;)

Kimberly said...

I am glad everything is going well. The ultrasound in Sept will be exciting.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Congrats. I haven't been on here in a while.. Glad all is well. I need to find out how you know where people are from that look at your blog. I would love to know.