
It's summer time, summer time, sum, sum, summertime!
Boy are we enjoying the summer! We spent the 4th of July up at Lake Nasiamento with my family where we rode around the lake on their boat, played in the sand and soaked up the sun. Tay liked the boat for the most part. She wasn't too hip on seeing her Nana scurf or knee board behind the boat though. I suspect that in her two-year-old mind, she imagined that Nana was running after the boat and Grandpa Bruce wasn't letting her get on. Taylor did enjoy seeing Uncle Colin wake board, and overall she just loved Uncle Bryce and Colin. Taylor survived another long car ride. 5 hours, to be exact. The kid's a trooper, and God bless the man or woman who invented DVD players for the car. She lost it a little about 20 minutes away from home. Daddy, who always has good intentions, was singing a little diddy to Tay and apparently she wasn't too hip on Daddy's singing voice. She took out her binky (Yes, we gave it to her for our own sanity), and heaved it up at the front window. I guess we should have been mad that she actually threw something at us, but it was pretty darn funny. The kid is a blabber mouth too. We're talkin' 5 word sentences out of nowhere like, "What are you doing, Nana?" I feel like I'm just busting with pride for her lately. And she's no longer clingy.**GASP** I dropped her off at nursery at church on Sunday and told her I was leaving. She said, "Bye bye, Mama. Kisses." And that was it. Off she went to play with her little friends and some spectacular pine cone that captured her attention. If I knew that a pine cone of all things, would've made the transition easier, I would've given her a bag of pine cones 2 months ago when she started nursery. Sunrise, sunset....Sunrise, sunset..... She'll be wearing makeup and dating boys next week.
Poor Wes is back at work. He was happy to go, but he could have done without the 100 degree heat on his first week back. He comes home tired and sore, and I know better than to ask him to help out right now. He'll be back into the swing of things in a couple of weeks. We miss him around the house.
Oh, does anyone know if butt hole is one word or two? I ask because I'm currently working with one on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I'm interpreting an English class with a teacher who I loathe!!!! He is a pompous arse (spelling it that way makes me feel like it's alright to curse.) He is a Dr. of something or other, Harvard graduate, reading specialist, who believes that he is the know all be all of English teachers. It's a 3 hour class and he takes up 2 hours of it by talking about himself!! He starts a half hour late, so he holds the class a half hour over. Mind you, these are adults taking a college course! Butthole! I'm not sure he likes me too much either. Last week, a student asked him what DNA meant. He didn't know. Said it wasn't important. I replied, "It means deoxyribonucleicacid." The teacher and the student just looked at me. Partly because I actually knew the meaning, and partly because they'd never heard me speak before. The teacher, or "Dr." as he prefers to be called, made some snotty remark about how it wasn't important to know what acronyms stood for. I didn't care. Maybe they don't teach that stuff at Harvard, but they do teach it at Pierce Jr. College baby! What a shmuck! So I'll be suffering in his class for another 4 or 5 weeks. Arghhh.
We are loving the pool everyday, and make a beach trip once a week if anyone's interested in joining us.
Boy are we enjoying the summer! We spent the 4th of July up at Lake Nasiamento with my family where we rode around the lake on their boat, played in the sand and soaked up the sun. Tay liked the boat for the most part. She wasn't too hip on seeing her Nana scurf or knee board behind the boat though. I suspect that in her two-year-old mind, she imagined that Nana was running after the boat and Grandpa Bruce wasn't letting her get on. Taylor did enjoy seeing Uncle Colin wake board, and overall she just loved Uncle Bryce and Colin. Taylor survived another long car ride. 5 hours, to be exact. The kid's a trooper, and God bless the man or woman who invented DVD players for the car. She lost it a little about 20 minutes away from home. Daddy, who always has good intentions, was singing a little diddy to Tay and apparently she wasn't too hip on Daddy's singing voice. She took out her binky (Yes, we gave it to her for our own sanity), and heaved it up at the front window. I guess we should have been mad that she actually threw something at us, but it was pretty darn funny. The kid is a blabber mouth too. We're talkin' 5 word sentences out of nowhere like, "What are you doing, Nana?" I feel like I'm just busting with pride for her lately. And she's no longer clingy.**GASP** I dropped her off at nursery at church on Sunday and told her I was leaving. She said, "Bye bye, Mama. Kisses." And that was it. Off she went to play with her little friends and some spectacular pine cone that captured her attention. If I knew that a pine cone of all things, would've made the transition easier, I would've given her a bag of pine cones 2 months ago when she started nursery. Sunrise, sunset....Sunrise, sunset..... She'll be wearing makeup and dating boys next week.
Poor Wes is back at work. He was happy to go, but he could have done without the 100 degree heat on his first week back. He comes home tired and sore, and I know better than to ask him to help out right now. He'll be back into the swing of things in a couple of weeks. We miss him around the house.
Oh, does anyone know if butt hole is one word or two? I ask because I'm currently working with one on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I'm interpreting an English class with a teacher who I loathe!!!! He is a pompous arse (spelling it that way makes me feel like it's alright to curse.) He is a Dr. of something or other, Harvard graduate, reading specialist, who believes that he is the know all be all of English teachers. It's a 3 hour class and he takes up 2 hours of it by talking about himself!! He starts a half hour late, so he holds the class a half hour over. Mind you, these are adults taking a college course! Butthole! I'm not sure he likes me too much either. Last week, a student asked him what DNA meant. He didn't know. Said it wasn't important. I replied, "It means deoxyribonucleicacid." The teacher and the student just looked at me. Partly because I actually knew the meaning, and partly because they'd never heard me speak before. The teacher, or "Dr." as he prefers to be called, made some snotty remark about how it wasn't important to know what acronyms stood for. I didn't care. Maybe they don't teach that stuff at Harvard, but they do teach it at Pierce Jr. College baby! What a shmuck! So I'll be suffering in his class for another 4 or 5 weeks. Arghhh.
We are loving the pool everyday, and make a beach trip once a week if anyone's interested in joining us.




3 comments:
Hey I would Love to come to the beach with you guys!! Oh wait, thats right, I forgot. I'M IN UTAH. SOMEONE SAVE ME. I think it was the rocky mountian fever that made Brigham Young thing that this desert waste land was "the place". He was just to tired to keep on going to California. In other news, Tay sounds so cute. I can't wait to see her again.
I feel you on the arsehole. I think I might know his brother who is also an English "teacher." Its classes like those that make me feel like I am not paid enough.
-Elizabeth
Soon no one will know what OMG is and still be saying and texting it. Ha, ha. That teacher sounds like a jerk.
I am so impressed with Tay. I wouldn't be surprised if you said that next week she will be in a science fair!
We will be joining you at the pool & beach. Today was fun catching up and going for a walk with the girls. Next time we will have to work around nap schedules.
Post a Comment