Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love the one you're with


Valentine's Day almost didn't happen in the Pollard house this year. Poor Taylor came down with a nasty bug that left her with a high fever for 4 days, and left mommy extremely tired.
But luckily her fever broke on Valentine's Day, and we headed out of our germ-infested house to The Lazy Dog Cafe and Menchies with our little family.

Wes and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together 12 years ago. I sent him on a small scavenger hunt around Simi Valley that led him to my mom's house. I made him Egg Plant Parmesan, after having my neighbor teach me how to cook it the previous day. (I had only heated up mac and cheese at that point in my life.) I put a lot of effort into that Valentine's Day and figured if it didn't scare him away, then he was probably "the one."  And I was right. He brought over a beautiful statue of a ballerina that we had seen together at the mall. I mentioned that I liked it, and he listened. I was smitten.

It was nice to look around the table this year at my happy family as we ate dinner and laughed at dog jokes. I love them to pieces and I'm glad we don't need a holiday to show our love. We're pretty good at doing that all year round.


Poor Tay, was miserable all week. I can't wait until winter is over!!




The girls loved getting little Valentine's Day treats and packages from family. They're spoiled.

Happy Birthday, Gramps!! You have more lives than a cat, and we are thankful!

Corinne is my little chef. She loves to help in the kitchen, and she made egg plant pamesean with me last week as a pre-Valentine's Day throwback dinner.

Some photos from my latest photography excursion.






My favorite. She was a stunning model.



Not a model, but cute nonetheless.=)

This might be my favorite video, ever. Taylor begged me to sign her up for basketball, and she loves every second of it. They had a little 3 on 3 game, and Taylor made the final (and only) basket. It was SO exciting. Sure, it's not a real game and she totally travelled, but she was so excited to make that shot. The high fives she got from her team mates after were the icing on the cake.


1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Oh my so glad you all were able to get out of the house and had a great evening!