This isn't much of a post. But I can't believe October is over. I can't believe Halloween is over. I may leave the decorations up for another day. Partly because I'm exhausted and don't have it in me to take it all down, and because I'm always a little sad when it's over. Not like Christmas, where the day after is really the best day of the year in my opinion.
Taylor was a Zombie Prom Queen this year, because she declared at the costume store she didn't want anything cute but wanted something gothic. Gothic? I had no idea she even knew what that meant. But her costume was adorable and she had fun with it. I took a tip from Fran and You Tubed some makeup tutorials to add to her...deadness. It worked.
Corinne was a Darling Witch. Emphasis on the darling. I got a glimpse at what she'll look like in 10 years when I put her makeup on. Yikes. She loved going to school in costume and was so happy to get a "BOO GRAM" from Taylor, and her friend Larkin.
I missed the school costume parade. Not ganna lie. I was a bitch all day at work because of it. I'm bitter when I have to miss out on things like that. My neighbor, Patty, was nice enough to send me pictures and texts, but it wasn't the same. But Halloween night was fun. We spent it in our old neighborhood at the Evans' block party. It was wonderful. I forgot how much I love that neck of the woods. They're just good people and I always feel lucky they even give me the time of day. We tried to come back to our street to trick or treat at 7:30, but the kids totally crashed in the car and that was that. The night was over and so was Halloween. It hasn't rained in so long, and the light shower through the night really felt like the ushering in of Fall and the holiday season.
| She finally got a chance at offence and made her first goal! So exciting! |
| Cheering for herself on her 7th goal. Trash talking, competitive kid. |














No comments:
Post a Comment