It involves contacting my school, the kid's school, finding a sub, dealing with the assholery of the Dr. who two days prior told us my daughter DIDN'T have an ear infection, and driving to the drug store to sheepishly say, "Yes. We're here again to pick up more antibiotics, because I'm a terrible mother and can't keep my kid healthy."
It's a long day.
Luckily my kids are rock stars and haven't inherited my wussiness. Because when I'm sick, the world is over and everyone in it needs to stop what they're doing and pity me. When they're sick, they're tough and easily distracted by play-doh and movies. But still, the guilt of having a sick kid with the shingles or an ear infection weighs heavily on me.
I let them drink juice sometimes. They have their share of processed foods. They're no stranger to McDonalds. So when they come down with something, I go into a spiral of shame and guilt that's normally only halted by a trip to Target where I buy the forgiveness they don't even seem to know I need for their bad genetic makeup and likely exposure to Round Up that I should have somehow prevented. Do you follow? It's my fault.
So the sick day we took today was an expensive one because I know it will be followed up by a surgery for ear tubes. Yea, yea. I know. It's like a 15 minute procedure, but she will have to "go under," and I'm having a slight anxiety attack just thinking about it.
Again, it's my fault.
So we went to Target where we bought the following:
A Play-Doh Zoo Adventure Bucket- $20.00
Sparkly Play-Doh- $6.00
Cute overalls.
Cow pajamas.
A pink jean jacket.
And a daisy necklace.- $50.00
(Because if you can't feel good, you should at least look good.)
A bone for Zero, because she loves how happy he gets when he's given a treat.- $5.00
A small ICEE. $1.00
And a grande mocha lite Frappuccino for me, because I was up all night with the patient.- $4.00
So the cost of our sick day was...I don't know. I'm too tired to add. But I'm pretty sure Target won't cut it the day of her procedure and we'll have to make room for a pony in the backyard.
I tried desperately not to laugh at the play doh creation she made for this doll. She was so proud of herself and I had to walk into the other room in a fit of giggles.
![]() |
| Some of my ladies. |
![]() |
| A valentine from her sweet BFF. |
![]() |
| Vaentine's Day with her BFF. |
![]() |
| Went with Becky to see Wicked. She is wicked gorgeous. |
Corinne has been obsessed with You Tube tutorials for about a year now, and really wanted to make one of her own. It's on private, but all she knows is that it's on You Tube and she's psyched. This may be the only documentation of me without makeup, so be kind.



















1 comment:
One conversation and your blog is up and running. I'm guiltily sitting here reading a book instead of blogging. But I appreciate yours. And Hello, homegirl did not look sick last night AT ALL! I mean, really, no wussiness there. The funny thing I dreamt of going to Target today and yet I just can't fathom bringing all these sickies there. But man, oh man, is it calling my name.
Post a Comment