Friday, May 20, 2016

We are almost half way through the year. It's bizarre. I have a friend on Facebook who went into 2016 proclaiming it would be #theyearofawesome. She's had all of her pictures and positive status updates accompanied by this hashtag since January.

To me, when you label the year something like #theyearofawesome, #bestyearever, or #mylifeiswayeffingbetterthanyourlife, you're really just asking for a crappy year. But I applaud her optimism and bravery. I truly hope her year is awesome.

I, myself, am way too pessimistic and untrusting of the Universe to throw out a prediction like that. I went into 2016 unofficially hash tagging it #hanginginthere, until I realized that made me sound like a Debbie Downer. So I changed it to 'the year of doing things that you normally tell yourself you can't do.' And so far so good. Unlike most New Year's resolutions, this one actually stuck. I have taken on photography jobs I wouldn't have dared try last year, and recently shot the most beautiful wedding photos I could have ever hoped to shoot. I've applied for a writing job that I just heard back from, and it looks like (fingers crossed) it may pan out. I'm trying voice overs, and hot damn, I'm actually really good! So I'm glad I'm half way through the year on a positive note, and set the bar low enough to where I don't feel like I'm totally face planting in 2016.

Unrelated, Mother's Day was really wonderful. Wes has a way of making holidays special for me and the kids. I've never had a Mother's Day or birthday where I didn't feel incredibly spoiled. We did our usual picnic in the park with my mom and played softball, which was really fun....until my mom broke her finger in two places. But other than that, it was great! Then we had a dinner with Wes' side of the family and played pool and ate way too much. I got flowers, lotion, a new lens (woop, woop), a gift card, and sweet cards. It was better than Christmas! I felt very loved and appreciated.

We should have posed somewhere other than in front of the bathroom.







My little reader

Damn the 4th grade Ca mission project!




Taylor, wearing my size 9 shoes. Gulp.
We got this package a few days before Mother's Day and Wes said it was more softball stuff for his team. It was actually my lens. =) 






No comments: