So I had my 27 week apt. and a diabetes test today. No fun. In case you've never had the pleasure, it involves downing a bottle of basically pure sugar in under three minutes, while a nurse watches on cheering, "Chug! Chug! Chug!" Kinda like a very uncool frat party. Any-hoo, I don't know the results yet, and I'll most likely fail like I did with Taylor and need to take it again. Ugh! My Doc then proceeds to lecture me on how 18 lbs. is too much to have gained at 7 months pregnant. I think my jaw hit the floor. I don't feel obese. I gained about 30 total with Tay, so why should this pregnancy be any different? Weird. So now I have to "lay off the carbs?" Well he can just bite me. I will watch my carbs for the sake of the baby, but not because I'm subscribing to any male-made theory on how much women should gain during pregnancy. If I want a chip, by golly I'm ganna eat one! And if I want to dip that chip in something creamy and fattening, I WILL! I'll be damned if I stress about my weight while I'm pregnant, so Dr. "Eat More Veggies" can just kiss my pregnant butt. I'm even thinking of marching downstairs to the kitchen and having a protest meal of muffins and cookies....I'm not hormonal! I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!
7 comments:
Oh WHY don't we live closer?? The fun we would have... I failed the first round with Jason too. Eat those cookies and pizzas. To HELL with them!!
-Elizabeth
I love the gloucose test. You should have my dr. You get to eat a king size candy bar and have a soda pop 45 min before your app. How great is that? Oh, but sorry about the liquid sugar you get to drink. Wow, what a drag man. As far as the carbs go, when ealse in your life can you be so gluttenous and get away with it? So gorge yourself with pride. Hold your head high as you bite into that Cinnabon, and let the cream cheese gooyness dribble down your chin-you are a Pregnate girl!
Tyra should have a pregnant top model. You could beat out all of those other hormonal women. LOL.
I would not worry about the weight, you took off all of that baby weight and then some from your pregnancy from Tay, you mad man. :)
Eat all of those cookies and such all you want but I bet you can never drink sunkist again and not think about that awful glucose test.
I was totally laughing at this post.
My doctor, a tiny Asian woman, lectured me some about my weight the first time around, and then at the end of my pregnancy she said I did a lot better than most people (though I think I did gain around 40 pounds, yikes!)
One of my most favorite things she said was.. "You know you don't have to eat for two."
I will say it is hard to maintain to proper weight. I would gain a lot of weight one visit and then not gain anything the next, and I wasn't doing anything different.
Ok, so I'm thinking your quite the pregnant hottie so you eat that chip and dip if you want!
HILARIOUS post, Nikki. :)
who is your doctor? he sounds like an idiot!
you're adorable.
Post a Comment