Monday, November 17, 2008
Poor Corinne
When I was pregnant with Taylor, I had her room set up 3 months in advance. I had everything out and ready to go. Clothes, furniture, you name it. I even had scrapbook pages made, just waiting for a picture to be added. Fast forward to this pregnancy, and not a darn thing is done. Not that I'm not excited. I can't wait to meet her! But being busy with Taylor and all that entails leaves me little to no time for decorating and planning. Not to mention we have property taxes that need to be paid, leaving me with the chance to be "creative" with our non existent budget for decorating. Gurr. Corinne's little room is bare. So I'm ganna try to get some things done this week. Even if it's just painting her room or washing her clothes, I have to do something! On a brighter note, a few gals at church offered to throw me a shower. I told them not to, seeing as how I have SO many girly things already but everyone still wants an excuse to party. So they actually made up invitations already and it's all set for the 18th of December. I really am thrilled. I want to celebrate this precious little one as much as we celebrated Tay. If Corinne looks back at her scrapbooks and sees that she didn't have as much of a welcome as Tay, she might get jealous. It aint easy being the younger sibling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wait 'till she comes if you think you don't have any time! She will cry longer, wait longer to be fed. and have to put up with an older sibling taking toys away and knocking her down on her diper every now and then! But you will do good. Your a good mom, both Corinne and Taylor are lucky to have you. To bad I won't be in California on the 18th!! Just a couple days to soon. Can't wait to see you for thanksgiving!
I am the youngest of 4 and there arn't ANY pictures of me. My "baby" book is full of empty pages. More power to you to try and do the same for your next one!
-Elizabeth
Lucky you're having another girl. I've got a grand total of 2 outfits for my little one. ... At least girls can get away with wearing blue.
Just dont forget pics. I think that's the most important. The decorating and all of that, she won't care but she'll want to see pictures.
I see that with soo many families.. like milkman says.
I totally feel the same way though alraedy about not doing as much. With Kyle I did progression pics each month. This time.. I've been so lazy I'm just focusing on the 3,6, 9 and even the 3rd month I did a month late.. oh well.
I'm glad they are giving you a shower! I was hesitant when people wanted to give Ryleigh one, but in the end, EVERY baby (no matter the gender of siblings!) deserves a little celebration!!
Yeah, and I wish I had more pictures of Ryleigh on her birth day. She came so fast and everything was so frantic without that darn epidural that I only have a few pictures of her...unlike Maggie. Next time I'll be better prepared!
I was the same way with Katie. I felt like I didn't have anything ready when she finally made her debut.
And I'm so glad your having a shower for Corrine. What's wrong with celebrating every little new life? None at all! I say PARTY!
Post a Comment