Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Barf-o-rama

Sunday's itinerary went a little somethin' like this:

9:00 am: I was scheduled to sing in the morning and thought, "Hmm. These butterflies feel an awful lot like an alien trying to claw it's way out of my belly."

9:30 am: Finished singing but caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror afterward and noticed I looked a little green.

3:00 pm: Run like Forrest to the bathroom, where upon I stay for a good two hours, heaving uncontrollably into the bath tub (I can't barf in a toilet. It's disgusting. That's where people do "their business" and I don't want to stick my head in there). I pause in between lurching to cry like a little girl for Wes to come and...I don't know what. Sympathize? Agknowledge my agony? Anything!! I don't want to be alone in my misery. But alas, he has to take care of the young'ins because even while I'm barfing, they're asking me to play and slipping notes under the door for me that read, "I want snack."

5:00 pm: Barfing has subsided and I'm left shaking and sore, like I've done a thousand sit ups. The sound of puking begins in the downstairs bathroom. Poor Wes. My turn to take the kids. I sit them in front of the television until bed time, while I lay on the bed in pain.

9:00 pm: Wes has collapsed on the couch and now it's Corinne's turn to join the fun. Exorcist style, she lets loose on my bed (of course), all over the newly dry cleaned comforter I had washed the day before after Taylor spewed all over it. Oh, the irony.

12:00 pm: Poor Rinny, after three hours of torture, has finally fallen asleep saying, "I don't wike frow up!"

6:00 am: I'm up and feel like I've been hit by a truck, the house smells like barf and Corinne is still sleeping next to me with what I can only guess is barf, matted to her hair. Time to get ready for work.

7:00 am: Grandma Pollard shows up to watch the kids for the day. Possibly the loveliest sight I've ever seen. She has both kids in the bath before I even leave for work and cleans my disgusting house and sheets by the end of the day. An angel, I tell you. What would I do without grandparents?

We're much better now. It sort of came and went but I pray it never hits us all at once like that again. It's sort of funny looking back on it. We have three bathrooms and at one point, they were all occupied. I sure hope the summer is flu-free.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That has got to be the worst ever.

RachelAA said...

OH MY GOSH - wow, that sounds awful!!!!!!! Really, you should have called for some help. Next time... ok, hopefully there's not a next time. Sorry - glad you're well now. Oh, and you did an AMAZING job Sunday!

Angel said...

Oh yuck -- how horrible! I am so happy that you survived the ordeal!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness...that is AWFUL! We had that happen back in 2006 when it was just 3 of us. But what made is so bad is that it was the night before we were supposed to go Hawaii. Before flight benefits, that was a HUGE deal for us. :)

I'm so sorry, but I had to laugh out loud at the "I want snack" note. Why do kids always ask for food when we are in the bathroom doing bathroom type things?!

Adam and Kim said...

I'm sorry....I am sure that it was awful, but I cannot stop laughing at the fact that you were being passed notes under the bathroom door that said "I want snack". I love it! Glad you are all feeling better:)

Ms. Bananie said...

Nooo! That is my worst nightmare! Seriously, at least ONE of the parents has to be able to function! So not fun!