Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bibbity, Bobbity, Blog

I'm way behind on the blogging. Where did May go?

I've officially been on summer break for a week now and we've already done so much. I worked at Disneyland the last week of school and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for a night, which kicked off our summer. In that same week, we hit the beach, the bouncy house playground, saw a movie, potty-trained Corinne (somewhat), went to a birthday party and had Taylor's graduation. And that was the end of May. No wonder it went by so fast!

It feels like life is full of little changes and accomplishments lately but nothing extraordinary. Corinne is 2 1/2 now and is a chatter box, telling knock-knock jokes and telling imaginary stories. She's Miss Independent and we're constantly hearing, "I do it MYSELF!" She has a "big girl bed" and uses the potty. But I've found myself reluctant to give up things like rocking and singing to her before bed time. I'm just not ready to give it up, although I'm sure she wouldn't put up a fuss. It feels like she's becoming a kid instead of a toddler and it's hard to accept at times. I love her to pieces though. Boy, she makes me laugh. I miss my chunky baby sometimes, but she's sure turning into an adorable kid.

Taylor had her kindergarten orientation last week and it felt surreal. The time has flown by and I can't believe she'll be at school everyday, all day, during the fall. I'm hoping and praying she thrives in that environment and I'm pretty sure she will, but I think it'll be an adjustment for the three of us girls who are used to spending all of our time together. I'm trying to enjoy my time with her this summer, because I know I'll miss our day trips and time together when she's gone all day. I've been watching her today as she walked around the house with her cd player and headphones, listening to some pop version of Disney songs, and it was like I had a glimpse of her as a teenager. We're in for it with this girl. She's smart and sassy. Not always a good combination. But she's so much fun to be around! I had a blast with her at Disneyland. Corinne pooped out and Wes and I had some one-on-one time with Tay. She never complained or whined, just chatted with us and had the time of her life. She's getting so big, so fast.

Any spare time I've had has been spent writing articles for Deseret News and running. I've really enjoyed both. The autism article I wrote for KSL was a big challenge and it had a ton of feedback, both good and bad, but I was pretty proud of how it turned out. The whole writing thing has turned into a fun hobby. I have some articles in the works and I always get giddy when they go to print or post online.

Wes is kicking butt at the Gas Co. lol. Get it? Gas...Butt....Ok., stupid joke. I'm proud of him. He's still in management and thankfully he's still in town. We're looking forward to a weekend away soon in San Diego.

Here are some pictures from our latest trips.


Harbor Cove at Ventura Harbor is THEE BEST beach! It was cold, but the kids didn't care. The kids were super impressed by how I could catch sand crabs and how Daddy could dig a deep hole for them to climb into.

Graduation day was...well, Taylor was a stinker. She wouldn't walk down the aisle because all of the people FREAKED her out. lol. We missed graduation practice to go to Disneyland and she panicked when she saw everyone staring and taking pictures. But nevertheless, she LOVED preschool and had such a positive experience. We couldn't have asked for a better one.


$17 for face painting at Disneyland. Totally worth it because Tay was constantly oohing and awwing at her reflection. But still. $17!! How do they sleep at night?




"Working" at Disneyland entailed doing absolutely nothing but hanging out with Wes and getting paid for it.


















2 comments:

RachelAA said...

You really have been doing a fabulous job with your writing. And yeah, $17 is ridiculous. Like they aren't taking you for all you're worth just in cost for admission. WOW! But sounds like a fun month and we can't wait to try out that beach!

Mandy said...

How do you "work" at Disneyland? I'm intrigued. :) I can't believe how long Taylor's hair is! And I totally know what you mean about having your baby grow up into a kid and not be a toddler anymore. Kind of sad. :(