Wes and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We've moved four times in those ten years and every time we move, we bring along something that we should have thrown out 9 years ago.
That's right. This is the top of our wedding cake. I've tried repeatedly to convince Wes that it belongs in the trash but he just won't listen. He insists it's something special from the day we were married, and that it ought to be kept forever. You heard me. Forever.So while we don't have any food storage, if there's ever a major catastrophe and we need something to eat, we always have our wedding cake in case of an emergency.
Below are some pictures from our trip to Catalina. We spent three days and two nights there and had a great time. We had conversations, uninterrupted. Ate meals, uninterrupted. And enjoyed each other's company. It was nice to know that even after ten years, two kids and the hand full of challenges life has thrown at us, we love each other as much and more than when we said, "I do."
Even though I'm terrified of heights, I booked a zip line tour for us. Something fun and out of our comfort zone. We were driven up a huge mountain and the only way down was by zipping down 5 different lines. I was pretty proud of us. We both did it without much trepidation. Just hung on, stepped off the cliff and enjoyed the ride. Sort of reminiscent of how we decided to get married in the first place. =)
We were scared. We didn't try to hide it.
This is right before I was told they needed to "sling shot" me to make sure I'd get across because I was too light. While I appreciated the compliment, I was nervous about getting flung out over a cliff.
Me, in cannon ball position. Going about 45 mph over a canyon and praying I get to the other side.
I made it! It was SO fun and totally addicting. We both can't wait to do it again. It's not scary after the first line. Just exciting. No pictures of Wes. He wouldn't let me hold the camera. Thought I would drop it. And of course, the course had a camera set up but it was broken that day.
Wes booked a ghost tour on our second night. The guy above is a native islander and expert in the supernatural. He's a real gem, this guy. Had us taking pictures of the sky, the mountain, the dark...in the hopes we'd capture a "spirit orb." Wes was asking all sorts of questions just to be nice, while I was trying desperately not to laugh too loud. I hid behind my phone, giving a play-by-play on facebook and trying not to make eye contact with any of the believers in our group. It was all too funny, I just couldn't control the giggles.
A rather large woman was killed here by a car. We were told to look for "echomist." Rather large "echomist," in fact. I didn't see anything but I had fun playing with my glow stick.
Wes, adorable with his glow stick on.



Went on a submarine ride. It was very peaceful and beautiful.
I imagine this is what being attacked by hundreds of fish looks like. Ick!




We were bored on the boat ride home, so we snapped pictures of each other. We should have enjoyed the peace and quiet since the rest of the way home wasn't very fun. We popped a tire, had a donut put on, and then popped that ten miles later. We spent 4 hours in poopy Glendale getting a new tire. Not really the ending we hoped for, but our trip as a whole was awesome.

I imagine this is what being attacked by hundreds of fish looks like. Ick!



We were bored on the boat ride home, so we snapped pictures of each other. We should have enjoyed the peace and quiet since the rest of the way home wasn't very fun. We popped a tire, had a donut put on, and then popped that ten miles later. We spent 4 hours in poopy Glendale getting a new tire. Not really the ending we hoped for, but our trip as a whole was awesome.But excited to see the kids!




5 comments:
Looks like such a great anniversary. Aren't you supposed to eat your top of your wedding cake on your 1 yr anniversary?
How fun! And your camera is worth every penny. Great shots.
When we zip lined in LV, it was windy and I got stuck. Kinda cool but a bit unnerving. I wasn't alone stuck either but I was the farthest and last one they rescued.
Thats awesome. We seriously did that zipline less than a year ago and we DID drop our camera. But it was the last line, right near the end. The locals there are pretty special. On our bike tour we stopped and looked for special mushrooms. Just because he was "interested" to see if we could find some.
The fish kinda freaked me out - but that picture of the two of you (you with the white sweater) GORGEOUS!
Congratulations on 10 years. Looks like you had a great anniversary.
Post a Comment