(Scroll down to turn off the vimeo clips, if you want. I STILL can't figure out how to get them NOT to start until clicked on.)Dear Corinne,
As is tradition here on mommy's blog, I'm writing you a letter on your birthday. Two days after, to be exact, on the day of your much begged for Strawberry Shortcake birthday party. I'm imagining you're older and reading this to your own children, so let it be known that today -you were a giant pain in the butt!
Normally I would write all sorts of mushy things about the birthday girl, but just like when Taylor turned 3, you really didn't enjoy your birthday party. Luckily, I've been down this road and fully expected you to be the pooper of the party. Well done, my love. In true Pollard girl fashion you were down right moody, cranky and completely irrational. The only time you showed any trace of your normal, adorable self, was when you escaped upstairs with your buds, Ryan & Andi. Sigh... There's always next year. And strangely enough, when I put you to bed, you said, "Mommy, I had a really good birthday," and then offered to say an adorable prayer with your lisp, that sort of melts my heart.
But I love you. Boy, do I love you. Even when you paint our white carpet with pink and purple makeup...I still love you. Even when you smear toothpaste all over the counter and then come up to me and say, "Mommy....don't be mad, but I made a mess," I still love you. And I love you even when you blurt out things like "Vagina head!" in public, even though I've reamed you a million times about potty talk. You are a sensitive, sassy, loving, beautiful and smart little girl. I'm excited (and hopeful) that one day you'll channel your spunk and do some pretty awesome things.
You've been giving me a run for my money lately. If you want to know what you were like at age 3, here's the run down:
Likes:
Playing with Taylor.
Trying to ride Zero and saying, "Ridin' my HORSEEEEEY!".
Anything pink. Anything sparkly.
Makeup.
Pinkalicious book series.
Lady Ga Ga's song "Bad Romance", sang by The Chipmunks.
Sneaking drinks of my Diet Coke.
Playing at the park or Nana's house.
Playing with Ryan and Andi.
Leaving your bed at night and snuggling up to me on my back while playing with my ears. =\
Gymnastics
Changing your clothes ten times a day
Dress up
Nursery
Riding your scooter
Your new, 3 story, doll mansion.
Dislikes:
Staying in your own bed
Bedtime
Listening
Obeying
Listening
Cleaning up your mess
Listening
Dropping Taylor off at school in the mornings (me too!)
Sitting through sacrament (me too!)
Being laughed at, for any reason. (You STILL burst into tears.)
Pictures of our 3 1/2 week, way TOO long, winter break. We did have fun, though. The weather was perfect and we were at the park every single day.




































1 comment:
Fabulous post, fabulous party! AND, you did the wedding dress!?!? Love them all.
Post a Comment