Monday, March 5, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Dance, 2012



Taylor had her first official formal date on Saturday night with a much older man- her daddy. They went to the father/daughter dance at her school and had a blast (Minus one little melt down over not winning a raffle. lol). She's been excited about this since we bought the tickets a month ago. We dolled her up and she accessorized on her own with a pink unicorn purse, with the always essential plastic, bouncy ball and reindeer chapstick inside.


They went out to dinner with her girlfriends and their dads, danced the night away, and had shakes at In & Out. When they got home, Daddy said, "What did I teach you?" She said, "Boys ALWAYS have to open the doors. If they don't, they're no good." And I couldn't agree more.


Wes has always been good about taking her out on dates. They've been going to the movies together since she was three, and I think it's awesome. What better way to learn about how you're supposed to be treated than by your dad, who loves you more than any man on the Earth. Hopefully, she'll never settle for anyone who doesn't treat her as well as he does.














Do I even need to explain why Corinne is crying in this picture? She realized she wasn't going to the dance, and it was two hours of straight crying and, "Daddy doesn't love me!" It was pretty sad. I finally got her to calm down by letting her paint my nails. She can't wait until it's her turn. I told her she can go on a date with daddy soon, and she said, "Without Taylor!" Poor thing. She is one cute bundle of emotions.






















4 comments:

RachelAA said...

No seriously, this is such an adorable post. Beautiful. I love the kiss picture it's just too precious. And Corinne, strike a pose woman! Love them.

Mandy said...

Ahhhhh, I was behind on your blog. Sorry! Love the Daddy/Daughter Dance. Brandon does the date once a month with the girls and I agree whole heartedly that he's the one to teach them how they should be treated when they are dating for real (much) later down the road!

Your girls are just dolls. Love the Vegas pictures and stories, and that they call you Gpa GTG. My girls call my Gpa Grandpa Great. Love it!

Adam and Kim said...

Oh, Nikki. That picture of Corrine is soooo sad!:(

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

LOVE IT! You're absolutely right, who better to treat you how boys should treat you than you're Daddy! What a great experience.