Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A but-iful Mother's Day


Christmas? Meh
Easter? Eh
Valentine's Day? No comparison

I look forward to Mother's Day more than any other holiday. Aside from marrying Wes, there hasn't been any other event in my life that has changed me and enlightened me the way that becoming a mother has. Sometimes it's even hard to remember things that happened before marriage and kids, like what I did prior was merely the preshow. The trailer to a really awesome movie, or an appetizer before a great meal. My two girls teach me more about myself and about life than I ever thought possible. They challenge me and make me see things in myself that need changing and make me feel more, I don't know, valuable- than I ever felt before they were here.

We spent Mother's Day lounging around my mom's pool, and it was heavenly. The girls remembered how to swim (thankfully), and swam until their little hands were prunes. We even got our nails done which is always fun. Then Wes surprised me with lunch at the Odyssey on Sunday. I felt loved. And I got to spend some time with my mom and sister as well.

I really think we should petition for Mother's Day to happen at least twice a year instead of  once. It's nice to be pampered and reminded how much you're appreciated.


A million and one pictures in no particular order, because BLOGGER is a pain in the butt to work with.





Corinne has started to write out my name a lot and I love it. She's constantaly asking me how to spell things. Can't wait to start our reading lessons this summer.


I'm a but-iful mom. =)
Taylor and here friend Ginny at Daisy Day at Camp Lakota. They had so much fun....until Taylor's allergies flared up and we had to cut out early. Poor kid. Dust, dander, pollen, and now cashews are on the list.







Ms. Thang is always accessorizing and applying makeup.



Happy birthday to my SEEEESTER. Nobody makes me laugh like her.











2nd place in the Pinewood Derby! Thanks Grandpa Pollard!




We did it. Renewed our passes.


We convinced the girls to venture OUT of the Bugs Bunny Land and into the actual park. We suckered them into riding Ninja. They looked terrified, but they begged to go again when it was done. I have to admit, I was a little scared of my littlest baby flying out of her seat. But we all survived and they can't wait to go back.

+


Somehow Corinne and Taylor got mani's  AND Pedi's, a little different than what we planned. They couldn't understand what the nail lady was saying, so they just said "yes" to every question.

My poor mom, suckered into buying a slurpee machine that never did work.
Grandma, suckered into sewing together a stuffed sock cat that Corinne was very adamant about buying. "Grandma can sew it! She can sew everything for me!"



No comments: