Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Picnic



Last year we started a new family tradition, by having Mother's Day at a big park in Simi Valley. Everyone in our family comes, and brings a dish. It works out great since we don't have to worry about driving around all day to visit everyone, and there isn't any ONE person who has to do all the work. It ended up being another beautiful, and successful picnic on Sunday. Although it was Mother's Day, a day to honor and love our Mothers, Taylor decided to completely ignore me all day. When I tried to hold her she'd just scream "NO!", and high-tail it to the nearest Grandma. Stinker. I sware, my family must think I'm the worst mother in the world, the way she runs away from me when we're with family. I'm THE LAST one she wants. But she had a great time, and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. We ate, played games, and hung out in the beautiful 78 degree weather. It's a tradition that I hope we keep up.


The toilet paper game.Wes, playing the laundry game.Jen and Tay, in the Hawaiian cut out.Tay and Daddy.Aunt Sue and Uncle Mike
Tay, and my nephew Logan (Who is smiling despite being sick.)

Grandma and Grandpa

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Mother's day. How do you play the toilet game?

Ashley said...

I would love not having to go everywhere. I want to go to the beach on Father's day, now that would be nice.

I love Chloe, but on mother's day I try to pretend that I am not a mother. Meaning... I don't want the responsibility so Drew has to do everything for Chloe instead of me.

Sara said...

That looks like a really fun picnic!

Eden said...

What fun! I would love to do that too! I'll have to drop some hints.

Melissa said...

just an other reason Chad and I have got to get our cute little butts out ther to sunny Ca. Looks like fun. Give Debbie and Dawn a hug from us for mother's day. We miss them.