Thursday, August 21, 2008

You're kidding, right?







I've never been what you'd call a "people person." I think people as a whole are just weird, to put it nicely. I read an article on AOL that reminded me just how stupid people can be. This guy in Puerto Rico was found dead under a bridge. Before he died he told his family that he wanted to be standing during his wake when his time came, and the family fulfilled his wishes recently. Try not to gag at the pictures.
My mother in law and I were talking about death and wills this week and it made me think. Just make a mental note to yourselves that if I kick the bucket any time soon, God forbid, I neither want to be standing up or leaning against a wall at my wake. And you don't have to kiss me. I will have been dead for a couple of days, and that's just gross. Read a poem in my honor, but don't feel the need to lay one on me. Oh, and don't get a sticker on the back of your car that says, "In Remembrance Of..." That's just dumb. I saw a car the other day with like, three of those. As if they go to the mall and get a new sticker every time someone they know dies. Please refrain from any such lame behavior.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

What the ... ? People are giant idiots. And by the way those 8th graders are just about as smart as some of the college kids I work with. GO team USA.
-Elizabeth

Sara said...

That is beyond gross and weird.

Melissa said...

What the... What? I have no words. Gone, nothing witty and cute to say. All I have is a very smart sounding-"what?!?" I will throw in a no way too. Yes, that sounds about right. What? no way!

Me said...

Yeah I saw that too... is it just me or does he totally look like a mannequin? Whatever... I am with you please don't kiss my bloodless cheek.. gross!
You would think people would want there last physical memory of a loved one to be warm not cold and lifeless...