Friday, December 4, 2009

Alessandro


This week I've cleaned a lot less and played a lot more.
I haven't been as quick to put the kids down for naps, and have been more appreciative of snuggles.
I've let Taylor sleep in our bed without complaint.
I've stopped caring about our stupid house, and have felt incredibly thankful that we ended up here.
I've learned that being able to have neighbors turn into actual friends is rare and a wonderful blessing.
I've felt incredibly helpless but eternally thankful that I know families can be together forever, and that having faith is neither silly or naive.
I've seen others go through the unthinkable and stand strong regardless.
And I've been reminded that every day I have with my family is a gift.





Alyna and Taylor with Alessandro.
Rest in peace, sweet boy.




4 comments:

Ms. Bananie said...

I love that attitude of yours! I'm glad that Families are Forever, too. I'm glad we know & glad we can share. It makes my heart happy! : D

Sara said...

Lovely post.

Melissa said...

That breaks my heart! That is so sad. That makes me want to hold my kids a little longer.

KickButtMommy said...

What a beautiful and heartbreaking post.