Thursday, August 18, 2011

First day of school



Taylor, my baby, my first-born, my Tay Tay....is in kindergarten. Not sure how it happened, because it feels like yesterday that we were in the hospital marveling at our new baby. But she's ready for this next, big step and I couldn't be prouder of her. Really. I'm so proud of this girl and the person she's turning into. Not only is she smart (she's kicking butt at reading), but she's kind, fun, goofy and loving.

We lucked out this year. Taylor has Mrs. Evans as her teacher, who has also been her sunbeam teacher in primary at church. So nothing new there, which is great since Taylor is not a huge fan of change. And to top it off, all of her friends from church are in her class, along with some friends from preschool. It just doesn't get any better than that. Oh, wait! Yea, it does. We moved around the corner from the school, so we get to walk her to and from school.

She seemed to enjoy kindergarten today and I'm hoping it sticks. She asked me tonight, "What are we doing tomorrow?" Haha. Normally, I would answer, "Going to the park! Going to the aquatic center! Going to the museum!" And it's sort of weird having to explain to her that school is a 5 day a week thing. I hope she adjusts well. We shall see.

It's funny. I was thinking today about a conversation I had with Wes when we were engaged and Taylor and Corinne were only an idea. He mentioned how great it was going to be when we had kids and I could stay home with them. Almost immediately, I grew defensive and told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay home with my kids. That I really wanted to focus on my career. Not sure how the conversation ended. I remember him looking confused and probably telling me I could do whatever I wanted, but that being with the kids was important. Sure glad I took his opinion into consideration, otherwise I would have missed so much. Too much! Luckily, I've only worked a few hours, two days a week. I've really enjoyed spending most of my time with Taylor. I've had almost 5 years of being with her day in and day out. I think I got more out of it than she did, but I sure hope she enjoyed her time with me. Guess I have to trust that her teachers and friends will take care of her while she's away from me, and make the most of the time we're together at home. Man, I love this kid. In line and ready to go, with her Agent P. backpack! lol. She's got such funny taste. Not a princess AT ALL!Waiting with a smile. We were so glad there weren't any tears....on her part, anyway. With her friend, Jackson, comparing name tags and making silly faces. I think it would be funny to take this same, silly picture, on every first day these two have at elementary school.Corinne took it hard. She wanted to stay and get a name tag too."My Taylor is at kindergarten," is all I heard when we went home.She was pooped after school! Came home and almost fell asleep.Entertaining Corinne without Taylor's help involves a lot of princess dress up. When did she get so big?









Mommy got a new camera and I'm trying out all my settings. Wes SERIOUSLY spent too much money and spoiled me! I'm almost afraid to use it. But I have such beautiful models.



















2 comments:

Ashley Pollard said...

Love it! Taylor looks so cute in her school outfit! Such a pretty girl!

RachelAA said...

Yes you do - they're gorgeous. Tay and Jackson will have to take that silly picture for their engagement photos as well :) He better work it cause he's gonna be a heart breaker!