Friday, October 22, 2010

I'll Laugh About This One Day



I'm sure I'll laugh at all this one day. The last 2 weeks, that is. To recap, we were all in my sister's wedding which was beautiful and lovely, but busy all the same. The day after the wedding, Taylor came down with bronchitis. Two days later, it turned into pneumonia. That weekend when Taylor was thankfully feeling better, we had her awesome birthday party. Again, fun but a bit stressful. And that morning we had to make an impromptu trip to the urgent care for Corinne, who woke up covered in hives. I then had to call everyone who was invited with kids and 3 pregnant women, to inform them that they should only come to the party at their own risk. Just in case Corinne had the chicken pox. So here we are on the following Friday night, and Corinne has had diarrhea all week and hasn't napped once. I'm sure you're all reading this and feeling bored out of your gourd. But I blog because I blurb (I turn this blog into a book at the end of each year). And one day, years from now, I hope to read this post about the last two weeks and laugh. Ha, ha, ha. Because it will all be a distant memory and I'll be able to say that I survived some of the more brutal parts of motherhood.

Today I took the kids to Lambardi Ranch with our neighbors, just to get out of the house and have some fun. Because if we didn't leave and I had to sit around all day listening to the Noggin theme song or Corinne screaming, "More Dora Halloweeeeen!" I think I might have gone certifiably insane. Here are some pics from the last week. October is officially the busiest month of the year for us.




















3 comments:

RachelAA said...

Seriously now that deserves a mommy trophy - wow, what a whirlwind! But I am glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy some Fall weather at the Lombardi; sounds like fun!

Jess said...

Corinne looks like such a big girl with her pony. Hope you get to have some nice calm, routine weeks ahead.

KickButtMommy said...

2 weeks of hell. You poor mama!